Friday, September 17, 2010

A little privacy please

This morning, mom came over to do a little baking with me and work on curtains for our front door. We made some delicious Rotha's Buns family recipe, and Chocolate Zucchini Cake {which I will share the recipe over on my other blog later this week}.  While the buns were rising and the cake was cooking, we were working on the curtains for the front door at my and hubby's house.  We didn't have to do much, just make a pocket at the bottom for a second rod to fit.  Quick & easy, just the way I like it!


Anywho, the door is almost half window and our house is on a main road, so anyone driving by or out walking their dog could easily look into the house and up the stairs.  I found the curtains at a church garage sale almost two years ago, but we all know how life goes...  So we finally got it all figured out and finished today!  Awesome!  It looks beautiful!  Just like it was always meant to look like that!  Yay!


We also spent some time brainstorming for a blogger name for her.  She's always reading blogs, and has wanted to leave comments but doesn't have an account.  And I wouldn't be surprised if blog posts come out of it all some day either!  So stay tuned...

Always,

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Can't wait to try the buns and I'm a big fan of chocolate zucchini cake - Mom always made it when we were kids and I make it for mine, too. The curtain looks great! Sounds like you had some good times with your mom! Cheers!