Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A day behind.

Alright, I was all ready to post last night....then I went to Hulu, and found a TV show I just had to watch, apparently I procrastinate a bit....who woulda thought!  So anyways, here we go!

Another great night sewing with the ladies!  We were all doing a bit of our own thing.  One was finishing her Stop Sign, two were cutting for the quilt along over at Fat Quarterly, and I was onto my sewing blocks together for the quilt along.

We all picked our own folder or the quilt along instructions, all fun colors!  When Dani was asked which color she wanted, she chose yellow.  Her reason?  "It's yellow like a sunshine, and I'm bright like a sunshine!"  Yes my dear, you have a very bright and smiley personality, the color fits!


After picking our folders and reading thru this week's instructions, off we went.  I was all cut, so I decided to go ahead and start my sewing!


As I'm sewing them together...next thing I hear from Mom: "Are you following the directions?  Or are you just going?"

Directions?  Here's how my life goes:

I live my life outside of the box.  I'm not really an "inside-the-box" person, I often am thinking {and doing} "out-of-the-box".  I'm usually a "wing-it" girl, not really always a direction girl.  Mom, on the other hand, is a follow-the-directions type of person, do it how they show it.  I like to take risks, do things different!  I don't always do it the "right" or "as told" way.

But hey, I'd say the ones that I finished turned out pretty well, wouldn't you say?!?


This is just a portion of my fabrics, I still have many others that I was working on before I left!

Another little tidbit from last night that we all must remember:
  1. Marinate it.
  2. Boil.
  3. Cool it off so it doesn't spoil.
  4. Wrap it up in some tin foil.
  5. Put it in the freezer; keep it there forever.
What are we baking?  Nothing.  This just has to do with...
  • Success
  • Feelings, the fact that we're all beautiful!
  • Fabric scraps
  • Whatever...you make it, you bake it!
Oh such fun we have on Tuesday nights!

Oh yeah, and one last thing...we were all working away, and what comes around the little corner that makes mom scream?!  A MOUSE!  Yep, mom and dad have always had mouse traps set in the basement, mind you, it is livable.  But the weather is getting cooler, and winter is a'comin' so those little critters are working their way in.  Dani saw it before Mom, but didn't say anything, haha!  She thought it was cute!  Then mom saw it (my back was to it), and there weren't any words that came from her, just wide eyes, pointing, and noise.  Then I turned, saw it, and walked "leisurely" to the other side of the room.  Keep in mind, I've never really liked these little critters...I used to live in the basement...

So all in all, it was quite a night!  As Tuesday nights usually are.  And now I'm off to class!

Always,

1 comment:

BALLET NEWS said...

hey, nothing wrong with living outside the box !!