Monday, February 22, 2010

New Arrangement makes room for New Inspiration

Did quite a bit of work in the sewing room this weekend, lots of sewing and some re-arranging.

Two main reasons for the re-arranging:  {1} we canceled cable and now have antennas on each TV, and it just so happened with the old placement of the TV, the antenna had to go across part of the room and sit on my sewing table to get the best signal (meaning I had to reach over the cord to get to the ironing board...not so convenient); and {2} My sewing studio has been quite a bit in shambles as of late.

It has now become not only our second bedroom/guest room and my sewing studio, but also my "home office" for my business. It was quite disorganized and I didn't feel like I could really get anything done successfully when I was in there.  So after some thinking, and help from the wonderful Mom and Hubby (!!), I now have a more organized and function room once again!!

And as you can tell by the title of today's little "Chapter in the crazy life of me{!!}", with this re-organization and switcharoo came some inspiration!  While putting all of my fabric together (...I had so many little bags that have been collected over the past few months...) I found a lovely pile of "Wildflowers" by Heather Mulder Peterson (in the browns/reds/greens) that I had purchased from my favorite little quilt shop.  I still didn't have any idea what I was going to do with it, so I put it in a baggy and in the "fabric bin" it went.

So yesterday evening after I had put a few more things away and finished my blocks I received from the "No Sew Block Swap", I had this itch to pull those fabrics back out.  I started ironing and cutting, sewing and ironing, and just let my mind take over to see what would come out.  I worked a bit more tonight, and this is what I came up with!




I wasn't sure what I would come up with, but I absolutely love, love, love it!!  Not sure of the size at the moment (its all packed away in my bag to take tomorrow night for Tuesday Night Sewing Date to show the girls), but it is going to be a wall hanging {probably for my sewing room}.  And I am just in love with this little guy who shows up a couple times in the main fabric!
 
 
Cute, cute, sooooo cute!
 
Aww, how I love just letting my mind take over to see what will come out with a bit of fabric that I just love!  And of course just had to buy without knowing what it will turn into.  I'm sure we all have that disease, right???  {please say "yes"!  I'm hoping it isn't just me!}

Well, I guess that's it for tonight!  Hubby is already in bed and I really should be headed that way too!  Night and sweet dreams!!

Always,

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Love your quilt. It will certainly brighten up your sewing room and make you smile whenever you look at it.