Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy June!

The beginning of summer! Really, we consider summer to start over Memorial Day here in the Midwest, or whenever we first hit 75 degrees, which have both already happened! With the coming of summer, the list of things to be done starts... And since I will be taking every other Friday off, I have my list of things I want to get done started. Having a mom who is a teacher and gets summer break, I've always grown up having my "Summer to do lists". So I figure why would this summer be any different?

And now for a drum roll....

My list of things to do!

  • Enjoy the sun!
  • Read some of the books that have been sitting on my shelf for the last year
  • Make my wedding quilt (with Mom's help) - so excited to make this! We have all of the fabrics, the signature pieces, and the design, just have to sit and do it
  • Finish those darn vegetable placemats (but they are almost done!)
  • Finish 3 other WIPs that I have going (not sure which ones, we'll see what strikes my fancy at that time)
  • Go to a local antique market - it's been far too long since I've been, and I have a gift certificate!
  • A couple trips to visit my brother and my grandma
  • At least one camping trip
  • Garage Sale! - Both have one, and possibly visit a few...
  • Get everything hung up in our house that hasn't been yet
  • Study for my big certification exam in October
  • Golf
  • Work on my Etsy sites, Starbound Studios & Starbound Photography
  • Work on my photography

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure there is so much more I will do. What are your plans for this month? I would love to hear!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -Helen Keller

No comments: