Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Night Sewing Date

Yay for Tuesday! One of my favorite days of the week...why you ask? Because (1) I get to sew, and (2) I get to spend the evening with Mom!

Anywho, back to the matters at hand here. Tonight's project was, you guessed it, the vegetable place mats! And I am soooooo close to being done, I can almost taste it! (no pun intended :o) .) I got the binding sewn onto 5 of the 8, then we realized I wouldn't have quite enough for the last three so Mom is helping with some piecing of binding for me to finish the last ones. So as for tonight, I brought home the 5 that I got the binding sewn on to finish with the hand-sewing.


*photo courtesy of my hubby from over the shoulder (sorry for the not-so-in-focus shot).

I'm working my way through these that I have here, and will probably be heading back to finish the others later this week. Trust me, they will be done by next Tuesday!! And I will be sure to post when I'm all finished, can't wait!

*Edit: Well...it was time to head up to bed, and I thought, 'okay, just 2 more pins and I'll head up." Well...I was on a roll with those 2 pins and just didn't want to stop, so 2 pins turned into 2 sides (you all know how that goes...). And I'm done with one place mat! 1 down and 7 to go...I will for sure finish by next Tuesday now. It's the final stretch! And now I'm really going to bed!*

Happy crafting!

No comments: