Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Night Sewing Date

Happy Tuesday!

Tonight's sewing date consisted of moving some of mom's school files, and of course, some sewing! The project of the evening was to make a couple fleece blankets with the satin binding to replace a couple other well-used and much loved blankets.





Not going to lie, the blankets are for me. Coming up to my "half-century" mark, (as the hubby and I like to call it), I figured it was about time to replace the blankets that I have slept with since I was a baby. Am I ashamed to admit I still sleep with a blanket? NOPE! I mean, come on, it's not like I carry it around with me. And its not something I've been able to give up all that easily (trust me, Mom and Grandma have tried), its the security and comfort, you know? I kind of like to compare it to coffee, not something you can just give up all that easily either. And like I told mom, I'm sure there are many "closet blanket-ers" out there, you just don't know who they are!

Anywho, I'm off to check out a couple of my favorite blogs, and cut some hexagons! Have a fabulously crafty evening!

No comments: