Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Stash #1 & the day's events

I've seen many others doing the "Sunday Stash" post on their blogs, so I decided to throw one out there for today:


I found this fabric at JoAnn's in the remnant bin, and fell in love with it! I am not a fan of sushi, in fact it pretty much grosses me out, but the colors are great! I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for, maybe an apron or some pot holders, but for now it is just sitting in my fabric bin.


Today was a day of shopping for pots and flowers and planting. For Mother's Day, the hubby and I gave mom money to purchase flowers this year, and I offered to help her plant them all. We got all of the flowers for her pots and the front of the house, but will have to do more planting later on the side of the house and back in her garden. The parents are getting a few trees taken out of the back that are dead, and she didn't want to do the planting just yet. That will be another weekend. What we did today turned out beautiful though! I also got some flowers and new pots for my house (and some herbs, I love cooking with fresh herbs!).



I'm now doing a bit of relaxing watching a movie and getting ready to work on a few flowers. Happy crafting!

1 comment:

... said...

haha..sushi fabric. I have not seen that before.