Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday Night Sewing Date

Tonight...

We worked on what is going to be an absolutely gorgeous quilt when it is finished with so many wonderful memories! Working to pair the fabrics together for each block, and grouping all of the signatures together brought back memories of the night, our wedding night.

...I remembered what she was wearing, what he said to me when he hugged me, what the children were giggling about in the corner. There was so much happiness in that one day, and I would do the entire day over again in a heart beat! Getting up early to decorate the place, laughing and having so much fun with the group during the rehearsal, the rain on the way to and from getting our hair done, all of us girls getting ready in the dressing room, and the moment that I walked outside for pictures when I saw him standing there with his back to me and the sun finally bursting through the stormy clouds! It was one of those absolute perfect moments that I will never forget! The sun shining on my sweetheart, my best friend, and knowing that this was the day we would make the promise to always be there for each other. The pictures, all of the laughs, the friends and family who we loved most that joined us, the great music by two dear friends who played and wrote songs specially for us, the delicious food and cake, and dancing the night away! Oh my, and I could go on and on!

Like I said, so many wonderful memories of that one night all rushing back while working on the wedding quilt! I can't wait until it is done, but one can only go so fast. So tonight was grouping fabrics, and putting those groups with the signature blocks. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it took a bit of time.

Pairing them up

A few of the many groupings



Well, I'm off to re-live the memories and look thru some of the beautiful pictures from that awesome day!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

what an awesomely romantic idea!

Gwen
http://efairytale.blogspot.com
Don't forget to follow the new blog!