Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day Four of Break: Great Friends & Good-bye to 2009!

{I'm posting a little early today since this evening will be packed with tons of fun with family and friends!}

What a great day it has been so far!  Slept in a bit (such a treat!  I could really get used to this...), then was off to meet a couple friends from high school for lunch.  Oh goodness, how wonderful it was to see them!!  I haven't seen either of them for quite a while.  One friend has been venturing on living in various states with her hubby, one of our tough fighting soldiers!  So it was so nice to see her while she was home for the holidays!

Then it was off to the grocery store to grab some ingredients so I could take a stab at making Mom's delicious caramel puffcorn!  I just hope it turns out as good as hers always does.  I must admit, I'm pretty sure I've already called her at least three times through the whole process. 




Needless to say, I'm trying to get this whole cooking and baking thing down, especially if I'm going to be home with little ones some day!  (Oh how I would love to be a stay-at-home mom once we start a little family!)  The puffcorn is finally cooling on the wax paper and looks scrumptious!



I am hoping to get just a wee bit of sewing in before we are off to my SIL's house to ring in the New Year.  I've started yet another project...can never have too many!  I decided to step out of my box a bit and am working on a quilt with a bunch of fat quarters I picked up at JoAnn's a while ago, all "mod-ish" fabrics that I wouldn't necessarily use otherwise.  They are going into a mish-mash of a Disappearing 9-Patch quilt.  Got the prints, the sashing, and now to cut and sew!

What a crazy year 2009 has been, and here's to a better year in 2010!   Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Always,

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy New Year to you & your family! Cheers to all of us!