Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wonderful treasures!

Such a great day it was yesterday! Mom and I spent the day antiquing and garage saling, with a few other stops on the way. I found a couple great little treasures though!

For one of my shower gifts, a family friend who owns an antique shop gave me a gift certificate, so I figured what a great day for it! We also stopped at quite a few garage sales. A lot of junk out there, I must say, but I did find a couple things that I just couldn't live without (well, I probably could...).


A great rack to hang my quilts on in my house, now just to finish a few more projects to have something on it!


I also found this cute little antique doll cradle that will hold some fabric or ongoing projects, and antique blocks. Found that great Nancy Halverson ABC Holiday panel, and triangle cutting ruler at a little garage sale with quilty stuff.

A wonderful day topped off with dinner with the parents, driving range with the sweetie, and sewing on my blocks. Of which are now done! I have a total of 44 blocks for my "Summer Fun" 9-Patch quilt. I'm thinking I will do a 5 block x 7 block quilt and use the rest for a pieced back. Now I just have to get the fabric for the sashing and back and figure out what I want to bind it with. Hopefully I'll have it done to tak on our trip to finish the hand sewing!



Well, I'm off to do some chores, then relax outside. Have a wonderful (and productive) Saturday!

No comments: