Saturday, May 30, 2009

[A little early] Sunday Stash #2

I know it isn't quite Sunday, but I thought I would do my Sunday Stash post since I'm working on this stuff anyways.



My Sunday Stash tonight is all of the batiks that I have left to cut hexagons out. As of now, I'm just cutting enough for one flower of each until I figure out exactly how many flowers I will need for my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I have a total of 59 flowers done as of now, 19 of which I have already connected. I am surely on my way! I figured I will need more than a hundred for my quilt, so I'll be working on this thing for a while! There are a few trips to visit family in the works this summer, and maybe some camping trips, so there will be some quality road time to get a good amount done. One of the best things about road trips is the things you get done while on the road! Along with the wonderful music and conversations of course :o)

Also, I just have to share with you something I read today that was wonderful! Alison Kelley did a little post she called
"Instructions For Life" and you all must have a read. So many on there are things we must always remember! One of my favorites is....okay, there are way too many to choose from, but I'll go with this one: "Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely." So very true!

I'm back to working on my batik flower garden! Hope you got to do some sewing/crafting today!

No comments: