Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Wonderful Little Treasure!

While at Grandma's house a few weeks ago, my eyes fell upon a book she had sitting on a table in her kitchen: "120 Patterns for Traditional Patchwork Quilts" by Maggie Malone. I grabbed it and started flipping through and instantly asked her if I could borrow the book! There are so many wonderful patterns in there for different traditional quilt blocks! With some of the patterns there is even a little info of where and when the pattern is from. Many are from the 1930's-40's, but there are even a few from the late 1800's. Such a piece of history to see this! I have a few little collections of fabric that I knew I wanted to make something with, but wasn't sure what. I think I may know now! If you ever get a chance, definately check this book out, whether it be from the library, a friend, or even purchasing it. A great little quilter's find!

No comments: