Friday, March 27, 2009

Hard at work

I know I haven't really posted this week, but it has been a busy one! Work has picked up a bit (thank goodness!!), been busy at home, and busy working on my flowers!! I am so excited to share these with you all!




Last time I posted, I only had 6 done, but I now have 11 done! Only......a lot left to go... Each hexagon of fabric ends up being about 3 inches, so that may help you understand the flower size. And who knew that they had so many great fabrics and patterns that they made the feedsacks in back in the day! I'm telling you, many of these fabrics are utterly gorgeous, and I would have loved to have something made from them if I were living then! They are such a treasure, and I am so incredibly glad I stumbled upon them. I mean, I don't know if there are many people out there my age (mid 20's) that have ever seen feedsack fabric, much less would even know what they were. History fascinates me....

3 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

Those are simply adorable!!
The remind me of little multicolored spring flowers! The fabric choices are great too =]

Tina said...

Oh my gosh - you and my Mimi would get along so well. You people and your 'fabrics!' lol I just don't get it!! Cracks me up!

Liz said...

i'd love to see what this would look like all put together as a quilt!